Silk is a very delicate fabric that makes beautiful clothes. But anything silk requires special care to ensure that it looks amazing for many years. Some people are afraid to buy silk blouses because they don’t want to ruin them. But if you follow these instructions you will never have to worry about ruining your womens silk blouses again.
While Your Wearing Your Silk
Before you even begin to think about washing your silk blouse you are going to want to wear it. In order to ensure that your blouse has a long happy life there are a few things you will need to pay attention to when you wear anything silk.
- Don’t spray the silk with perfume. The chemicals can ruin the fabric or cause stains to form.
- Do not use spray deodorant. This can also cause stains to form on the delicate fabric.
Once you are wearing your silk blouse there are some more precautions that you will want to take.
- Keep out of sunlight. This doesn’t mean that you have to hide away from the sun whenever you are wearing a silk blouse but you should avoid long exposure to the sun whenever possible
- If you spill something on your silk blouse do not treat just the one spot with water. Treating only one area with water while the rest of the shirt remains dry can cause the material to change color or spot in that area.
Washing Your Silk Blouse
When it is time to wash your silk blouse here are a few things to do to make sure you do it right.
1. Do not use bleach
2. Use gentle mild soap especially formulated for silk clothing
3. Hand wash your silk to keep it looking best
4. Never wring your silk shirt. It will ruin the way the shirt lays and damage the delicate fabric.
5. Use cold water to wash your silk and never allow it soak in water for more than five minutes.
After your silk shirt has been washed you will need to continue to be careful with it. Wet silk is even more delicate and fragile that dry silk is. Once your silk shirt is dry if you feel the need to iron it you will need to be very careful. Never spray your silk shirt with water when you are ironing. This can cause stains and spots to form. Also always iron the silk on the backside to ensure it is not damaged.
By following these tips you can ensure that your womens silk blouses last for a nice long time.